Congressi Stefano Franscini
The Congressi Stefano Franscini (CSF) is a division of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology of Zurich (ETH Zurich), responsible for the promotion, selection and financing of international conferences, Workshops, ETH Summer and Winter Schools and situated in the south of Switzerland (Canton Ticino) at Monte Verità.
It has been named after the Federal Councillor Stefano Franscini, a native of Ticino who, in 1854, played an important part in establishing the first Federal Institute of Technology in Switzerland, ETH Zurich. Every year, the CSF hosts 20 – 25 conferences organized by professors working at Swiss academic institutions and concerning all disciplines (sciences and humanities) taught at academic level.
In 1964, Baron Eduard von der Heydt bequeathed the Monte Verità complex to the Swiss Republic and Canton of Ticino with the request that "Monte Verità be used for international artistic and cultural activities at the highest level".
In 1989, the Canton of Ticino and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) of Zurich established, respectively, the Monte Verità Foundation-which to this day manages the Monte Verità Conference and Cultural Centre and the Congressi Stefano Franscini, a platform for international scientific conferences at the highest level.